WE’RE HIRING! Join the Handsome App Team as Head of Engineering
HANDSOME is a Female Founded and rapidly growing Austin, TX based startup that has been backed by A+ investors. HANDSOME has been recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2020 and has been featured in Business Insider, Modern Salon, American Salon, DocSend and Inc File.
HANDSOME is a world class network connecting beauty and barber professionals to career advice, education and jobs. The app-first platform’s mission is to bring equal career opportunities to the leading industry for women and create financial stability & generational wealth for the diverse people who make up the industry.
Our values: Impact, Community, Creativity, Growth, Recognition & Diversity
HANDSOME is committed to uplifting the economic well-being and opportunities for underrepresented people. We highly encourage individuals who identify as people of color, women and LBGTQIA to apply.
Head of Engineering
Salary Range: $96K – $142K
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to take our world class mobile app for beauty and barber professionals to the next level!
The Head of Engineering’s responsibilities will include the management and expansion of Handsome app, an outsource dev team, deep experience in information architecture, design of front and backend development, innovative tech solutions, and a zest for collaboration!!
We encourage autonomy and ownership of individual roles while still being a major team player across the board. We are a small team and want to hear your view and insights. You must have experience in managing teams while still being able to dive in and get your hands dirty!
- You have a high EQ and work well in small teams, iterating, and shifting directions quickly.
- You are excited about making a major impact on a global scale to a massive industry of professionals.
- You are organized and strategic in growth, scalability, optimization, and have experience building a world class product.
- You are willing to dive in, learn about the creative professionals we are serving, and stay community focused.
- You’re a problem solver. You research and seek top tier solutions.
- You’re an expert communicator. You ask questions. You bring thoughtful insight and creativity to the table. You are a contributor & community player.
- You take lead in being the liaison of ideas and expectations to both the outsource team and in house team.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Monitoring and resolving App Store reviews
- Define the product requirements for our world class mobile platform and delivering on our KPIs and multi year roadmap with a focus on building a massively scalable platform
- Work on a daily basis with Agile engineering scrum teams and participate in daily standups, grooming and planning to deliver product features on a bi-weekly basis
- Have a background in APIs and platform product lines that have been made available to developers and partners via self-service documentation, developer guides and etc
- Understanding the complexities of a large scale global platform with a focus on scalability and reliability while maintaining exceptional quality of user experience
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- 5+ years in Product Management experience
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Proven track record of getting things done, managing multiple tasks including communication with internal and external teams while consistently delivering on schedule
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience (developers, product managers, and senior business leaders )
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background working with Jira, wireframes, user tracking and analysis tools, road mapping software, etc.
- Proficient in Agile Scrum ceremonies – Writing detailed user stories, acceptance criterion and regular planning/grooming
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Flexible work schedule
- Rebel Hour
- Getting in at the ground level of a growing start up, building company culture, branding & team
- Beauty Products!
Please send cover letters, resumes, portfolios and other application materials to: email@example.com.