Last modified: May 18, 2020
Handsome App, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.handsomeapp.com (our “Website“), or download, install,
access, or use the Handsome application (the “App”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On the Website and the App.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website or the App.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or the App.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices,
periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and App are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website or the App. We do not knowingly
collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or the App, including but not limited to any
personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal
information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under
13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, and information you provide on your profile (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, including profile information that does not personally identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, Facebook and Instagram, public sources of information about you, and other users.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website and App may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App, creating a profile and using the Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or App, posting material, engaging in messages with other users, or requesting further services or support. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or App.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your search queries on the Website or App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or App, or transmitted to other users of the Website or App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing
actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website or use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or App.
• Information about your computer, mobile device or internet connection, including your IP address, mobile device unique ID, operating system, browser type and other diagnostic data.
• The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website or App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. [For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website or App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information We Collect From Third Parties
The information we may collect from third parties includes:
- Content provided via Facebook and Instagram.
- Content posted by other users that includes information about you (as part of articles, posts, comments, videos) on our Website or App. Also, we may collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and accomplishments and make it available as part of our service to you.
- Data about you when others send messages to you (including invites or connection requests).
- Data about you received by our customers and partners, or gathered when you interact with our customers and partners, such as employers, prospective employers and/or applicant tracking systems providing us job application data.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website or App are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and
Website or App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your
online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising
or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact
the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and App and its contents and services to you and other users.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To facilitate messages and communications between you and other users.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and App.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How
We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your
personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our user, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information
confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it to use our services on the Website and App, including enabling user to user communications, and fulfilling and managing
our customers’ requests.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tradiies, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how
site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or
services, you can send us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be
omitted from future email distributions. [This opt out does not apply to nonpromotional communications relating to our services if you are a customer or
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. [For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.] We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your
personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal
requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been
copied or stored by other Website and App users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website or App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal
information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All
information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App,
you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the
security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any
privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
We process data both inside and outside of the United States and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data
may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
check for any changes.
Our Website and App are not intended for persons outside the United States. If you do not reside in the United States, do not use or provide any information on the Website or the