Hiring a UX/UI Designer to Join Team HANDSOME!
HANDSOME is a Female Founded and rapidly growing Austin, TX based startup that has been backed by A+ investors. HANDSOME has been recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2020 and has been featured in Business Insider, Modern Salon, American Salon, DocSend and Inc File.
HANDSOME is a world class network connecting beauty and barber professionals to career advice, education and jobs. The app-first platform’s mission is to bring equal career opportunities to the leading industry for women and create financial stability & generational wealth for the diverse people who make up the industry.
The beauty industry is 90% female & 66% Black and Latinx, we are deeply passionate about uplifting these communities.
Our values: Impact, Community, Creativity, Growth, Recognition & Diversity
HANDSOME is committed to uplifting the economic well-being and opportunities for underrepresented people. We highly encourage individuals who identify as people of color, women and LBGTQIA to apply.
Remote (to start)
Based in Austin, TX – candidate should be open to potential relocation over time
UI/UX Designer Job Description
Salary Range: $41K – $89K
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our mobile app into the most brilliant & user-friendly product the beauty & barber industries have seen.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing, wireframing, and prototyping. To be successful in this role, you should have exceptional experience with mobile design and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll be a strategic part of an innovative and creative team. Autonomy is the name of the game in this fresh and young start up! We want someone who brings their A game and ideas to the table. You are creative and strategic in your approach to delight the professionals using our product and are OBSESSED with making an impact on a global scale.
- You have a high EQ and work well in small teams, iterating, and shifting directions quickly.
- You are OVERLY EXCITED about designing a world class product for a very visual and creative field.
- You have experience researching, designing, and shipping an exceptional digital product.
- You have a well-trained eye for intuitive user experience and design.
- You are a strategic team player, organized, thoughtful, and value communication.
- You are an exceptional communicator and always stay community focused and community member centric.
- You have experience with motion graphics, innovative design, and blowing the minds of beauty and barber pros!
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Participate in user interviews & surveying
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. emojis, images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Sound knowledge of Mobile UI Controls
- 2 + years work experience as a mobile app UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Stock Options
- Rebel Hour
- Getting in at the ground level of a growing start up, building company culture, branding & team
- Beauty Products!
Please send cover letters, resumes, portfolios and other application materials to: email@example.com.