Hiring a Product Manager! Join the HANDSOME Team
HANDSOME is a Female Founded and rapidly growing Austin, TX based startup that has been backed by A+ investors. HANDSOME has been recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2020 and has been featured in Business Insider, Modern Salon, American Salon, DocSend and Inc File.
HANDSOME is a world class network connecting beauty and barber professionals to career advice, education and jobs. The app-first platform’s mission is to bring equal career opportunities to the leading industry for women and create financial stability & generational wealth for the diverse people who make up the industry.
The beauty industry is 90% female & 66% Black and Latinx, we are deeply passionate about uplifting these communities.
Our values: Impact, Community, Creativity, Growth, Recognition & Diversity
HANDSOME is committed to uplifting the economic well-being and opportunities for underrepresented people. We highly encourage individuals who identify as people of color, women and LBGTQIA to apply.
Remote (to start)
Based in Austin, TX – candidate should be open to potential relocation over time
Product Manager Job Description
Salary Range: $85K – $114K
We are looking for a Product Manager to direct product development directly relating to business goals including: growth, engagement, retention and new feature builds. You will be responsible for creating and launching end to end solutions on a world class mobile platform. You’ll translate ideas into features, and follow product development from start to finish.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver.
- You have a passion for creating and managing product development
- You are OVERLY EXCITED about our vision on how to deliver a world class product that aligns with business objectives
- You have experience being hands on researching, designing, and shipping an exceptional digital product
- You are eager and excited to research and build a compelling narrative around the problems that beauty and barber professionals are facing in their careers, and develop solutions
- You are a strategic team player, organized, thoughtful, and value communication
- You are an exceptional communicator and always stay community focused and community member centric
- You analyze data to make strategic decisions about new product features
- You are passionate about Handsome being the industry leader in community, career development, education, and jobs
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Define the product requirements for our world class mobile platform and delivering on our KPIs and multi year roadmap with a focus on building a massively scalable platform
- Work on a daily basis with Agile engineering scrum teams and participate in daily standups, grooming and planning to deliver product features on a bi-weekly basis
- Have a background in APIs and platform product lines that have been made available to developers and partners via self-service documentation, developer guides and etc
- Understanding the complexities of a large scale global platform with a focus on scalability and reliability while maintaining exceptional quality of user experience
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- 5+ years in Product Management experience
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Proven track record of getting things done, managing multiple tasks including communication with internal and external teams while consistently delivering on schedule
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience (developers, product managers, and senior business leaders )
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background working with Jira, wireframes, user tracking and analysis tools, road mapping software, etc.
- Proficient in Agile Scrum ceremonies – Writing detailed user stories, acceptance criterion and regular planning/grooming
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, or equal experience in engineering or related training program
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Flexible work schedule
- Rebel Hour
- Getting in at the ground level of a growing start up, building company culture, branding & team
- Beauty Products!
Please send cover letters, resumes, portfolios and other application materials to: email@example.com.